Sunday, February 1, 2009

Falling

As I stare into the cosmos,
Through the leaves a gentle wind blows,
The pale glow of the moon looks amazing on your face,
As though in agreement the fucking tree sways

My gaze haltingly shifts to the full moon,
and I realize every second here is a boon,
I came to this place feelin' uncertain,
Thinking that making something of myself would be a burden

I find that burden get heavier as time passes,
I don't want to be a face lost in that of the masses,
A little introspection has showed that I'm insecure,
of the fact that I'm alone and falling I am sure

The look in your eyes is a gentle caress,
The joy of which leaves me in a hapless mess,
I'm falling into the abyss of your eyes,
This low is much better than any highs

I think I find solace in this infinity,
At peace as much as at peace I can be,
As I stare into the cosmos,
Through your hair a gentle wind blows.....


(Found this in a book I wrote poetry in about 4 years ago, a lot of it still resonates)

1 comment:

White Shadow said...

"This low is much better than any highs"
Well-worded. :)