Thursday, September 27, 2007

Calangute Blues...

Left, after right,
prints in the sand,
walking over the promised land,
I look ahead,
But can't help looking back,
and a pattern repeats,
In my head and with my feet,
I look as far back as a I can,
As far as a solitary man,
Can without losing his mind,
his identity and turning blind.

The prints are numerous,
They leave and then return,
But i never learn,
Two sets and then just one,
I stumble, again and again....

And then the lights come back on,
and i look up and see the figures,
Dark outlines against a blinding light,
Laughing, jeering, cheering at my plight,
As they watch and slight,
My every effort to get back up.

Lying there I look back again,
And watch the surf sweep onto the sand,
cover every open wound, the pain,
and freeze for an instant,
a minute, a year, an eternity,
and then sweep back,
leaving nothing but an empty canvas,
no history, no footprints,
no dark outlines, no memories,
just a new beginning,
and life goes on. Again.

1 comment:

Ahmed said...

To tell you the truth this seems to be your first draft. Write it again and this time consider the volume of your words. It ususally didn't take you so many words to put down your feelings.

here's one that runs through my mind very often..

Several conversations end abrubtly,
Silences deafen,
Stuck on gaya's melancholy,
With my quiet brethren...

a beautiful piece..